Sunday, April 19, 2009

Online Dating... What Gives?

No one ever said dating would be easy, but how come people never say that it would be this hard either? With all the new ways to find and meet new people - online, phone call-centers/dating lines, etc. - why is it that it is so hard to still find that person that you have been searching for? It seems almost and enigma of sorts that despite all these new ways to find and meet new people, we can still not find that one person that could end our search. It is as if technology has in fact hindered our ability to go out and be sociable and to interact with others, in life in general, but even more so in dating. I myself am not immune to the attraction that lies at the ease of clicking a button in search of someone special, yet I find myself wondering if this is really the easiest way. For all those people who have found the love of their life through online dating, I applaud you and congratulate you on your achievement in life. For everyone else, such as myself, I wonder whether it is possible to ever reach that level of achievement in our search for love despite all the tools within our grasp?

In recent weeks I have talked to this one guy in particular on a regular basis online and I have left myself open to meeting him, definitely in public first for obvious reasons I should hope, but with potential to take things more private afterwards. On more then one occasion things have not worked out and our plans have fallen through, whether because of him or myself, regardless, this meeting has not happened yet. I hope that soon I can meet him and see where things go, however I am weary and I am no where near ready to put all my eggs in one basket. So bring on the men and let me enjoy myself and my freedom little bit! Dating should not have to be this hard. No one said it would be easy, but give a gal a break once in a while and let something go in the right direction of meeting Mr. Rright, if not at least Mr. Right-Now! (lol)

5 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. Yesterday I went out with some girlfriends and I made a comment about being ready to date, but I am convinced that all the guys are hiding from me. I am so ready to date, so where are they hiding? lol.

    Also, as a bit of a sidenote I am researching "the development and implications of communication via electronic media". I'll let you know what the research has to say about these online dating situations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks..that sounds really interesting actually..online dating is very complicated..lol. I think that like me, part of the reason that all the guys seems to be hiding is because we are looking. The less we actively look, the more likely we are to fine what we are to aptly looking for...at least that is what they say. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who says that? Should I trust them? Lol. I am not really looking... just trying to get out and do things and have fun and meet as many people as possible (guys and girls)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Farebear, I feel like that's a really great attitude to have! I totally feel the same way. That's really what I feel right now. It's not that I don't love the friends that I have, it's just that I feel like at this point in my life there are opportunities presented to me to branch out and expand my horizons.. and trying new things and meeting new people, boys and girls, is part of that equation, as it should be for you too.

    ReplyDelete