Sunday, April 12, 2009

An Epiphany of Sorts

So there are a couple of rules in life that I try to live by. I must admit that I don't always follow them as directed, but I think that as general rules of life go, they aren't so bad. I consider them my philosophies of life, and as it would seem, my appropriate philosophies of this year past and hopefully the next year to come. All are subject to change, depending on my mood of the day, and are henceforth unofficially Copyrighted by yours truly! (lol)

(1) Do unto others as you would have them undo to you. - I think as a general rule everyone should follow this one and take it to heart.
(2)All is fair in love and war and therefore all should be fair in who we love and what wars we choose. - I know, it's pretty profound of me to say this, but i think taht in the society in which we live, this philosophy is very appropriate and socially relavant.
(3)Just dealing with life everyday means you will regret it all later. Accepting life and enjoying the future prospects that befall you and you will live longer and have more fun. - This one is so true. You cannot dwell on the past because it will get you nowhere fast. Accept what has happened even if it is hurtful in some way and learn to move on means that you wil learn to love life more each day and each day gets easier and better as time move on from that expereince that you were once "just dealing" with.
(4)"carpe diem" - Life really is too short to waste!
(5) Love Life/ Live Large! - This one pretty much sums it all up nicely!

With all that being said, I have recently decided to take my own advice and have again jumped on the bandwagon of dating. My first relationship ended about a month and half ago. Now nothing that ever happens is meaningless. It may not be as extravagant as what we see on tv or in movies, but what happens in our own lives has meaning to us. This relationship was no different. It mean something to me and I think that it always will. It would be nice, however, to know that the guy feels the same way, but we can't always get what we want. In this past relationship there was a lot that happened, good and bad, and it's important to remember both and take away from this experience a lesson to be learned. I have learned something about myself and about my friends and the relationships and bonds that hold us together. Some of the things that happened between us, only in hindsight (of course), have I realized created a circumstance where I may not have been fully respecting myself. I never even noticed what it has been doing to me in the moment. It's time to move on. It's time to love life once again and life large taking with me new lessons learned. In realizing this, as mentioned, I have once again started taking my own advice and put myself back out on the market and ready to meet new people and experience new things, hoepfully while maintaing my dignity and the respect of those that care about me and those that I care about the most. I'll keep you all posted on what happens next so stay tuned and wish me luck!

TTYL...until the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment